quinta-feira, 15 de abril de 2010

Anne Sexton



Última parte do poema "The children"

Listen.
We must all stop dying in the little ways,

in the craters of hate,
in the potholes of indifference -
a murder in the temple.
The place I live in

is a kind of maze
and I keep seeking
the exit or the home.
Yes if I could listen
to the bulldog courage of those children
and turn inward into the plague of my soul
with more eyes than the stars
I could melt the darkness -
as suddenly as that time
when an awful headache goes away
or someone puts out the fire -

and stop the darkness and its amputations
and find the real McCoy
in the private holiness
of my hand
.

A expressão "the real McCoy" quer dizer a coisa real, a coisa verdadeira.

Não é lindo?

Um comentário:

Mariana Aldrigui disse...

Eu nao posso usar bad words aqui, mas esse poema merecia uma, na linha de exclamacao!

A-do-rei